Smoothies & Arthritis Pain

It is perfect SMOOTHIE weather with the sun shining in the windows.  I love them!  You might too?

Right now most of the ones we make are fruit; apples, oranges, strawberries, blueberries, bananas (thought personally I don't care for bananas) and any others.  Most of the fruit is fresh, but some is frozen and I even put some canned pineapple or peaches in occasionally.

The Green Blend has really helped me with Allergies, Energy and Arthritis/Joint Pain. Ingredients are listed below.

The other key ingredients are:
- Cultured Dairy:
Kefir or Yogurt for their wonderful probiotic and digestion aid qualities.
- *Whey Protein Powder
- *Green Blend:
20 oz. Spirulina powder, 1 pound Bee Pollen Granules, 22 oz. Unflavored Gelatin
- Stevia Liquid for sweetener
- Optional: Any herbal tinctures or powders that you may be taking.  
- Few drops Real Vanilla Extract
* These items are available from Bulk Foods.

Here are a couple of great smoothie links that may be helpful to you:
Smoothies with Shoshanna   Be sure and check our her other smoothies too.
Green Smoothie Girl
- The following is an article that I wrote a few of years ago.  It may apply to you?  I can happily say that I am now 51 and have only very minimal arthritis pain, on occasion.

Natural Help for Arthritis Pain

My Oh My, that knee is swollen & hurt so bad I couldn’t sleep.  Can you relate?  This might help for you, whether it’s your knees or shoulders.

I just went to an Orthopedic Surgeon and sure enough I need a knee replacement because of Degenerative trauma induced Arthritis, as soon as the pain is too much for me to handle.  But this kind doctor gave a list of supplements that naturally reduce inflammation.  I am too young (47) for knee replacement and really not keen on surgery. I was able to adapt it and soon found, within a few of days, pain relief.  My pain level went down to NO pain and the swelling so greatly reduced I can even see my kneecap.  Now I am working out in the garden for a few hours at a time with little to no pain and only minimal swelling.

So here is what I take daily:
4 Omega 3 Fish Oil capsules, 1000 mg
2 Vitamin C tablets, 1000 mg
2 Vitamin D, 1000 units

Morning Smoothie
1 cup kefir or yogurt (I have kefir going all the time)
1 scoop whey protein
12 drops stevia liquid
¾ cup frozen raspberry
¼ cup frozen blueberry
1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon Green Blend

Along with smoothie I eat:
1 tablespoon coconut oil on homemade whole wheat toast or add the coconut oil to the smoothie and eat lightly roasted almonds.

I also use the affirmations, “I am physically active and enjoy full movement of my body”.  
I think “momentum” and keep moving physically, and have more variety of activities in my day.

I have noticed that if I go more that one day without supplements and smoothie I start to hurt again.  This is a regime that is easy to stay on because the blessing that pain relief provides.
  

Comments

Popular Posts