I love teaching classes in my kitchen. Here I am ready to go. What great participents came. We had a great time learning together about Home Remedies and how to apply them to our family's needs.
We covered ways to build your immune system and prevent illness; including Attitude, Water, Baths, Wholesome Foods, using Spices to strengthen our bodies, Cleanliness, Supplements, Herbals, and Hydrotherapy. Wow!
Then we covered some ailments that the students emailed me previous to class that they wanted to have information on. These included; Digestion Disorders, Colds & Flus, Stress, Headaches, Insomnia, Candida, Skin Issues, Internal Cleanses and more...
Preparing the handout was like writing a small book. We drank Lemon Water and Herbal Chai and snacked on homemade trail-mix. We got to experience Stripping Eustachian Tubes of our ears, Onion Poultice and a Mustard Pack. I just love teaching these kind of practical skills to those who really want to know. It's so cool. We ended the class with encouragement of healthy living.
Just a few days ago I found this document amongst some things that I was cleaning out. It is a copy of my Great Grandmother's Red Cross Home Nursing certification. Dated November 2, 1942.. We don't have these skills taught anymore, that is except at some of my class. Please let me know if you find one.
- Family Herbal by Rosemary Gladstar
- Home Remedies by Agatha Thrash
- The Herbal Drugstore: the Best Natural Alternatives to Over-The Counter and Prescription Medicines by Linda B. While
- Herbal Nurturing by Michelle Augur (ebook) http://frugalgranola.com/books/
- Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine
- Your Garden
- Mountain Rose Herbs http://www.mountainroseherbs.com
- Liberty Naturals http://libertynatural.com
- Nutribotic (Grapefruit Seed Extract) http://www.nutribiotic.com/
- Bulk Foods (Bee pollen, Spirulina, Beef Gelatin) http://www.bulkfoods.com/
Check the Classes section of this blog for what's coming next.
Hope to see you there!