Herbal Momma's School of Domestic Arts
Herbal Momma, aka, Kristine Farley loves everything herbal, but has an infinity for all domestic and home arts.
This blog is a journal of family and domestic art activities that will be published in her forthcoming book,
Herbal Momma's School of Domestic Arts.

September 23, 2010

Outdoor Kitchen and What's Up!

My blog has been neglected and this post can tell why?  Here is a beautiful picture of our outdoor kitchen with Emily preparing crepes for breakfast the other morning.  (more on those in another post) 

There is a dishwashing area, two tubs, like to olden days.  Thank goodness for bins that are holding emamel camping dishes, towels, utensils, plasitc containers and bags, etc.  We have a hose with a spray nozzle that is behind Emily, that is hanging on a bracket.  So cold water is "on-demand".

The hardest thing wasn't setting up an outdoor kitchen or even using it.  It was changing my attitude to be cheerful over this experience and learning as much as I can from it.  I have started a written list of "one pot" meals and crock-pot meals because washing dishes while hauling or boiling water is time consuming.  As they are prepared I will post them with recipes.

Our real kitchen, the one inside was flooded by a original drain pile that wore through. 

Currently, we are still working with insurance for a final settlement, so we can start remodeling.  I am spending more time than I like learning about cabinets, hauling hot water from the bathtub, and planning.


I will be posting our progress.  But in the meantime, there is no schedule for classes, unless you want to come over to see our outdoor kitchen  :)

Feel free to email me with questions or comments. kristinef@clearwire.net

No comments: