College Care for Colds and Flu
I wanted to share with you how she dealt with it and recovered quickly.
- Tell friends and family that you are sick via text or phone. This way they can be notified of your illness and avoid contact. They can also bring you some extra soup when you run out. (Thanks, Adam our son also at the same college).
- Drink lots of water and herbal teas. Peppermint is one of the best because it tastes good, has mild stimulating antispasmodic qualitites, and assists with digestion.
- Take at least one hot Ginger Bath per day. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons powdered ginger to hot bath water. This increases blood flow and perspiration. Drink plenty of fluids while in the tub.
- Eat Soups. Chicken soup is of the best and has benn scientifically prove to have properties that assist the healing of viruses. Adding garlic, onion, ginger or horseradish will stimulate the blood flow and assist with a quicker recover.
- Sleep, not just rest....SLEEP! This daughter has a family nickname when she is sick, "Bear", because she hibernates. Sleep promotes immune wellness. If you can't get to sleep then rest, but there is no substitute for bed rest and sleep. Have a little fresh air ventilating in your room too.
- Take extra Vitamin C and Echinacea. Our family follows Dr. Richard Schults portocol for Colds and Flu by taking 1 ounce of Echinacea tincture in a 24 hour period and at least 2500 mg. vitamin C or as much as tolorated. Usually this means taking 2 dropperfuls every hour you are awake. This can greatlty boost the immune system. We also take 1 to 2 tablespoons of Elderberry Herbal Syrup every hour or two.
-Gargle with Warm Water and Salt at least 2 time day. This wil stimulate blood flow in the throat, assisting in cleansing and nourishing this area faster, thus making it harder for bacteria and viruses to grow.
- "Thieves" Essential OIl blend. I formulate mind from; 10 parts Lemon, 4 parts Cinnamon, 2 parts Cloves,
2 parts Eucalyptus, 1 part Rosemary and 1/2 part Red Thyme Essential Oils. We place a drop on our toothbrushes every morning and night.
It makes an Herbal Momma proud when her children take care of themselves the way they were taught. Great job, Amy!!!
~ This information is for educational purposes. See a medical practiioner for medial advise. ~