Herbal Momma's School of Domestic Arts
Herbal Momma, aka, Kristine Farley loves everything herbal, but has an infinity for all domestic and home arts.
This blog is a journal of family and domestic art activities that will be published in her forthcoming book,
Herbal Momma's School of Domestic Arts.

October 4, 2008

Canning and Flat-Top Stoves




On September 9th I taught a Food Preservation Classe. In the class we discussed flat top stoves and how they are NOT meant for canning.



But I thought, I'd just boil the lids on it.....Well, a flat top stove CAN become a FORGE. We forged metal on top of it that day. My favorite, 2 quart sauce pan, the kind with the double thick bottom...split open and poured out it's melted contents.





I quickly used a metal spatula and tried to scoop it up into the trash. The remaining liquid metal cooled making crackling noises and mostly lifted up off the flat-top. It pitted the top, but thank goodness, it still works.






A very cool science experiment.










One that I wouldn't reccommend to others.
Be safe and sane, don't can on a flat-top stove.

PS - We once made a mini forge while camping. That was so cool and our oldest son hammered out a wonderful hook for lifting the lids off the dutch ovens.

3 comments:

Ousizch said...

Kristine [Herbal Momma's School of Domestic Arts]. Your blog is very nice with good content about Canning and Flat-Top Stoves!
Stayed to built a blog that was useful for visitor and always thought to publish content that was great. Heeee, just support you…………………

Hope u have a great day!

From: Ousizch
http://www.ecpassistant.blogspot.com

emily :) said...

When I sat in your class last month, I thought, it might be okay, perhaps I could try canning on my flat-top stove, a lot of people were on the fence with this subject. Now, I have seriously reconsidered!! Thank you for the warning!! :)

disa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色